20090407

Langkawiiii !!

Hmmmm, where should i start?? OKOK, ummm my mum told me that i was maybe going to langkwai at 1st of april :)

Day One,
It started late friday night; early saturday morning around 3.30am. My mum, uncle, and me left the house to go to kuala kedah which was freaking far -.- I slept most of the way and the next thing i knew was that i was in kedah :) We went to my mum's friends house to park her car but little did i know, my mum was gonna join me a bit later. So my uncle and i went to the jetty first and i tell you it was the worst boat ever. It smelt like fuel and smoke. Bad combo i know but its the small things that make everything an experience :)Once i got off the boat i went to Kfc, yes i know go all the way from Kl and all i eat is Kfc; stupid but nice :) Let me tell you something about duty free places, the things that kill you faster(rokok and minuman keras) are fucking to the max cheap. But it was a budget trip so we spent little at the jetty. One the thing i remember the most was that when my uncle went to claim his rental car, i snook around and bought a carton of Davidoff cigarates :) I hide them in my bad and went on with the trip. As i was circling the island, my uncle asked me wheter i took drugs, i admitted and it was like my cleared the biggest debt. He let me smoke with conditions that i don't tell my mum :) It was cool of him to do that, so we stop at Cenang Beach where its better than port dickson and Penang but not like redang. The sand, wind, water and the feeling of freedom. I saw a poster saying para gliding(your hooked up to a parachute and a boat pulls you till you floating in the air, yes i like these types of things) When i was up there, i saw the ocean and the size of it as far as the eye can see. I was shouting and spitting trying to hit people below but there was to much wind, obviously when you 10 stories high kan :p I landed on the beach cause i knew that i can't swim so yeah. After that, we went to check in the hotel and that was around 5pm. I straight away went swimming cause i smelt like sea water and sweat. I also went to the steam room to sweat out and just chill. At around 6.30 i went to jetty point to pick mummy :) We went to pantai cenang again to show her how beautiful it was. Since were late to do anymore water activities we just decided to get dinner and head back to the hotel. I fell asleep watching some stupid story on cinemax called boogeyman 2 -.-

Day Two,

We had an early start at around 9.30 where i ate breakfast at the hotel and then we went to the nearby town next to my hotel, i looked at phones thinking that its gonna be at a very low price. But they just had chinese branded phones that sucked to the max. The first place we went on our tour de'Langkawi was the cable car. I tried shaking the car but it didn't work :( When i was on top of that mountain, i felt so alive and just wanted to stay there but that was cut short due to weather 0.0 It was freaking hot. I went to a suspension bridge thinking and hoping there was bunjee jumping but there wasn't :( It would be cool to jump and just scream my heart out. After that we went down the cable car where a couple from Austria joined our car and my mum and uncle talked while i was busy enjoying the view from the car. We went to eat laksa at a nearby shop where the food and atmosphere clearly sucked assss. So we left early and head to Pantai Cenang where my plans are to kayak to an unknown island and pick up sea shells. My mum was scared of the ocean water. So my uncle and i went along, first we kayaked against the current which took us about 30 minutes. I tell you la from personal experience, workout before thinking of taking a physical challenge. We went to an island where the water was clear like windows and fishes going about and beautiful coral was all over the sea floor. I took 2 and put them in my kayak. We went with the current, i said to my uncle that we had to go at a certain angle cause if we go straight, we might overshoot our goal to reach back to same place we departured. Its called vectors, learn it. When we reached back to the island it was a goal and mission accomplished. We went and came back just in time before one of the heaviest storms ever hit langkawi since that tsunami a few years back. I wanted to go para gliding again but i had to wait for my turn. I saw a person going up, i was also ease dropping on the locals nearby. Since were near a beach, the wind was frightfully dangerous and the person that was para gliding go stuck in the air 10 stories high and dragging the boat along, if the boat tried pulling person, it will create stress towards the rope holding the person to the boat and snap and send the person flying away. Im really sure the person had more than wat he paid for. It was scary enough that if i didn't kayak to the island with my uncle, or we decided to patah balik, i would be the victim. I saw a speed boat and jet ski going towards the boat that was being dragged to the middle of the sea. Cibai, i saw the person falling so fast, it took only 10 seconds to go down a 10 stories. Imagine how hard the person hit the water, dah la he'll be scared for life, if i was him i would cry cause the ocean is so deep and i can barely float on water 0.0 SHIT! We went back to the hotel with minor sun burn and filled with emotions running high. I wanted to go shopping for goods :) My mum said, we eat, bath, rest, pray, then only we'll go. So i did everything of the above. Went to street house and bought a nice CULT wallet which im proud of :) a pair of pants, bob marley shirt and few others. I went back to the hotel and went to the steam room to take a rest and just relax :) I straight away jumo into bed and slept comfortably.

Day Three,

We didnt have breakfast at the hotel cause we didnt wanna waste precious shopping time so we just had a small snack nearby and jet off the Beras Terbakar. The history behind it was that the siam invaders came to attack langkawi cause of their natural plantation which was at that time, padi/beras, if they got it, they would make langkawi part of siam. So the locals decided to burn every single grain of rice and the siam just vanished. My uncle also said something abt makam mahsuri, that when she died, she cursed langkawi. The curse was that langkawi wont be developed for 7 generations according to royal family of langkawi. Rite after the 7th generation past away a few years back during the Dr. Mahathir era. The fine prime minister took langkawi under his arm and he saw that this would be a great place for a vacation spot. His vision rite now, stands at only a mere 20%, its not touched its potential yet. I know it can do more great and exciting things :) but enough of the history lesson and back to my era of shopping. We went to Beras Terbakar and found out that goods there was out of this world cheap. I bought about 3 shirts from there. I went back to the hotel to check out and went to the jetty :'( Im gonna miss this place of freedom, relaxation, cleanliness. But we all can have wat we want rite? By the way, find out wats caspia and let me know cause i saw really good flip flops made by them but i got no size :( When i got to the jetty, I managed to buy another carton of the finest Davidoff :) Its either im gonna smoke it or smoke it. If i sell also, only a few boxes and depends on my mood :)

I will upload pictures of my trip when i get the chance but for now, i gotta study a bit of history :)
POODLES

No comments:

Blog Archive